Provide A Meal
One of the easiest, most tangible ways to meet a need at the Ronald McDonald House is to provide a warm, home-cooked meal to our 73 families. You don’t have to be a world-class chef to prepare a meal. Volunteers like you make a tremendous difference in the lives of our guest families and the feeling you get from helping others will feed your soul.
Before you volunteer…
- ALL meal groups must communicate with Sandra Hall, Meal Coordinator.
- Meals must be either prepared or assembled at the Ronald McDonald House whenever possible. Food prepared in commercial cooking establishments such as restaurants, catering services, or cafeterias and then brought in or delivered is acceptable.
- We cannot accept drop-offs or leftovers.
- Volunteers must be at least 13 years of age to serve a meal.
- Review our Meal Group Guidelines
- Fill out our online Meal Application
- 1 application per group
- Fill out our online Background Check
- Corporate Group? Already have background checks on file? Fill out our online Corporate Background Check
- Check out our Meals Calendar to reserve your date
- Participate in an on-site Meal Orientation (you will receive an email invite shortly after applying)
Love to bake or make casseroles?
Another great way meal volunteers can help feed our families is by bringing your group to make freezer meals or baked goods that we can freeze and serve as we need. If you’re interested, please contact Sandra Hall, Meal Coordinator to reserve your date!
[For an accessible version of the baking and freezer meal guidelines, please contact the communications coordinator and specify which document you need.]
Meal Program Coordinator, Sandra Hall