Updated August 11, 2021 : The recent resurgence of COVID-19 cases and the spread of the COVID-19 Delta variant has prompted Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama (RMHCA) to extend the temporary suspension of in-House volunteers and volunteer activities at the time of this update.
This affects volunteers who normally give their time inside the House, including those for our meal program, House Helpers, interns and family activities.The health and well-being of our guest families, volunteers and team guide everything we do at the Ronald McDonald House and in our programs. Currently, every available guest room is full and we continue to take additional precautionary measures to reduce the risk of coronavirus exposure at our House.
Your support is still very much needed! While we are not able to have volunteers cooking in our House at this time, here is how you can still ensure our guest families get a hot meal each night:
- Order a catered meal or freezer meal to be delivered to the House
- If you would like to provide catered food or freezer meals for our guest families: email Meals/Family Room Manager, Lisa VanZandt at Lisa.VanZandt@rmhca.org to coordinate a date for your delivery and to discuss which food items you would like to donate. Please see our meal calendar below.
- NOTE: Per our usual policy, RMHCA only accepts food prepared in a commercial kitchen or retail grocery store such as Walmart, Publix, Piggly Wiggly, etc.
- Our Catering Partners are a great resource to meal groups who would like to cater a meal when they volunteer at the House, or are not able to physically serve but still wish to provide a meal. Catering Partners (opens in a PDF).
- If you have never provided a meal in the past, please complete our meal application so we can set you up on our meal calendar.
Supporters can also:
Thank you for your continued support during these unprecedented times.