Updated August 8, 2022:
We are slowly re-introducing service opportunities for in-House volunteers, meal service and activities. As we continue to serve guest families we will have additional precautionary measures to reduce the risk of coronavirus exposure at our House.
- Volunteer groups will be 8 or less individuals
- All volunteers serving in the House are required to wear a mask at all times for the protection of the immune-compromised families we serve
- Volunteers who serve inside the House must also provide proof of COVID vaccination
If you would like to have your group of 8 or less prepare a meal at the House please visit our group volunteer page for more details and complete background checks.
Can’t make it to the House? You can still ensure our guest families get a hot meal each night:
Order a catered meal or freezer meal to be delivered to the House
- If you would like to provide catered food or freezer meals for our guest families: email Volunteer Coordinator Zelma Mae Cable at ZelmaMae.Cable@rmhca.org to coordinate a date for your delivery and to discuss which food items you would like to donate. Please see our meal calendar below.
- NOTE: RMHCA only accepts food prepared in a commercial kitchen or retail grocery store such as Walmart, Publix, Piggly Wiggly, etc.
- Our Catering Partners are a great resource to meal groups who would like to cater a meal when they volunteer at the House, or are not able to physically serve but still wish to provide a meal. Catering Partners (opens in a PDF).
- If you have never provided a meal in the past, please complete our meal application so we can set you up on our meal calendar.