Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama (RMHCA) has been monitoring the fast-changing facts and information regarding COVID-19. As always, the safety of our guest families, volunteers and team is our top priority. Health and well-being guide everything we do at the Ronald McDonald House and in our programs. We are continuing to serve our guest families and taking additional precautionary measures to reduce the risk of corona virus exposure at our House.
These precautionary measures include temporary suspension of all individual volunteers and volunteer groups until further notice, including those for our meal program (starting Monday, March 16) and family activities.
We are still caring for families at our House, so your support is still very much needed! While we are not able to have volunteers cooking in our House at this time, here is how you can still ensure our guest families get a hot meal each night:
- Order a catered meal or freezer meal to be delivered to the House
- If you would like to provide catered food or freezer meals for our guest families: email Meals/Family Room Manager, Lisa VanZandt at Lisa.VanZandt@rmhca.org to coordinate a date for your delivery and to discuss which food items you would like to donate. Please see our meal calendar below.
- NOTE: Per our usual policy, RMHCA only accepts food prepared in a commercial kitchen or retail grocery store such as Walmart, Publix, Piggly Wiggly, etc.
- Our Catering Partners are a great resource to meal groups who would like to cater a meal when they volunteer at the House, or are not able to physically serve but still wish to provide a meal. Catering Partners (opens in a PDF).
- If you have never provided a meal in the past, please complete our meal application so we can set you up on our meal calendar.
Supporters can also:
Thank you for your continued support during these unprecedented times.