Volunteers Make a Huge Impact on Our Families!
Volunteers are the people who make Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama a home! Their caring, dependability, and willingness to contribute their time helps to create a safe and welcoming environment where families can stay together when they need to be together most.
Individual volunteers do many different things such as cleaning the kitchen and common areas, preparing pop tabs for recycling, sprucing up our courtyard, serving as a House ambassador at community events, completing administrative tasks, and more.
Before you Volunteer…
- Due to the unique nature of all volunteer placements at RMHCA, it is our policy to NOT accept any volunteer placements by any court-mandated referrals.
- ALL volunteers must be at least 15 years of age.
- A parent/guardian must supervise at all times if you are under 16 years old (in which case, the parent/guardian must go through the volunteer process as well).
- A parent/guardian must give written permission if you are under 18 years old.
- Adults must maintain a set schedule of 2-hour shifts weekly or bi-weekly and must commit to at least 6 months of service, subject to our needs.
- Students must maintain a set schedule of 2-hour shifts weekly or bi-weekly and must commit to at least 4 months (1 semester) of service, subject to our needs.
I’m ready! — How do I become an Individual Volunteer?
- Read and agree to adhere to our Volunteer Guidelines.
- Complete our online Volunteer Application.
- Attend one of our Volunteer Orientation sessions (you will get an email invitation shortly after you apply).
- Next Volunteer Orientations: April 2nd, April 30th, June 4th and July 2nd at 6 p.m.
- Complete a background check at orientation.
- Schedule and complete your first day of training.
- Set up your volunteer schedule.
- Begin volunteering!
Reminder: RMHCA is a NON-DENOMINATIONAL organization. We have families with us from around the globe representing many different nationalities, cultures and beliefs. Passing out any type of religiously-themed literature or engaging in any type of religious solicitation is prohibited.
Volunteer Coordinator, Alice Taylor