Volunteers Make a Huge Impact on Our Families!
Volunteers are the people who make Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama a home! Their caring, dependability, and willingness to contribute their time helps to create a safe and welcoming environment where families can stay together when they need to be together most.
Individual volunteers do many different things such as cleaning the kitchen and common areas, preparing pop tabs for recycling, sprucing up our courtyard, serving as a House ambassador at community events, completing administrative tasks, and more.
Before you Volunteer…
- Due to the unique nature of all volunteer placements at RMHCA, it is our policy to NOT accept any volunteer placements by any court-mandated referrals.
- ALL volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
- A parent/guardian must give written permission if you are under 18 years old.
- Adults must maintain a set schedule of 2-hour shifts weekly or bi-weekly and must commit to at least 6 months of service, subject to our needs.
- Students must maintain a set schedule of 2-hour shifts weekly or bi-weekly and must commit to at least 4 months (1 semester) of service, subject to our needs.
I’m ready! — How do I become an Individual Volunteer?
- Read and agree to adhere to our Volunteer Guidelines.
- Complete our online Volunteer Application.
- Complete our online Background Check Form.
- Attend one of our Volunteer Orientation sessions (you will get an email invitation shortly after you apply).
- Next Volunteer Orientations: June 4th and July 2nd.
- Volunteer Orientation is from 6 p.m. – 7 p.m. at the Ronald McDonald House.
- Have questions about orientation? Click here.
- Sign a guidelines agreement and media release form at orientation.
- Schedule and complete your first day of training with the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Set up your volunteer schedule.
- Begin volunteering!
Reminder: RMHCA is a NON-DENOMINATIONAL organization. We have families with us from around the globe representing many different nationalities, cultures and beliefs. Passing out any type of religiously-themed literature or engaging in any type of religious solicitation is prohibited.
Volunteer Coordinator, Alice Taylor