Volunteers Make a Huge Impact on Our Families!
Individual Volunteers at the Ronald McDonald House assist in various areas at the House and at Children’s of Alabama with our Happy Wheels Cart. Volunteers are the friendly faces that greet a family as they check-in and the faces that are always willing to lend a hand. With a variety of tasks such as cleaning our common areas, organizing donations, sorting pop tabs and so much more, they are sure to stay busy. Individuals come in on a weekly or bi-weekly basis for 2 hours committing to at least 6 months of service. Get started today!
Volunteer at the House
Before You Volunteer…
- Due to the unique nature of all volunteer placements at RMHCA, it is our policy to NOT accept any volunteer placements by any court-mandated referrals.
- Individual Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
- Individual Volunteers are not short-term. Please review other options if you are looking for less than 6 months of service or less than 48 hours.
- Fill out our online Volunteer Application
- Fill out our online Background Check
- Attend Volunteer Orientation (You will receive an email invite shortly after applying)
- Complete training at the House
Happy Wheels Cart
Before you Volunteer…
- Happy Wheels Cart Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
- Happy Wheels Cart Volunteers must complete RMHCA & Children’s of Alabama’s Volunteer Orientation.
- Complete our online Volunteer Application
- Complete our online Background Check Form
- Attend Volunteer Orientation (You will receive an email invitation shortly after applying)
- Complete the Children’s of Alabama’s Volunteer Process.
Alice Taylor, Volunteer Coordinator