Why Pop Tabs?
The Pop Tab Program raises valuable funds and awareness for RMHCA. The funds raised from the recycling of the tabs helps us keep families close to their child and close to the treatment they need. Your participation in this contest helps ensure that these families will always have a home away from home during this challenging time.
We have implemented some changes this year so make sure to read all the details below!
- Register: In order to participate in the contest you must complete the Registration Form once the contest opens on September 1st. Forms should be submitted online no later than March 30th, 2018.
- Get your school involved: You can determine the best way to spread the word and get your students collecting tabs. We suggest holding a contest within the school for prizes. We have seen many past winners use this process, and it has proven to be very motivational! Once you register for the contest, you will be sent the following documents to help get you started.
- Starter Kit
- Letter to Teachers
- Letter to Parents
- Collection Bin Flier
- Teaching Materials
- Save those Pop Tabs! Have students, faculty and staff collect pop tabs throughout the year. Pop tabs can be found on soda, soup, vegetable, tuna, and pet food cans. The contest will end on May 10, 2018 at our Pop Tab Parties.
- Delivery (IMPORTANT CHANGE): As opposed to years past, all tabs for the contest MUST be brought to one of our Pop Tab Parties in order to be considered as part of the contest. For weighing purposes, you must bring your tabs in BAGS so they will be weighed properly. The Pop Tab Parties will be the official end of the contest. Schools must RSVP with Volunteer Coordinator Stephanie Duncan at 205-638-7372 or Stephanie.Duncan@rmhca.org. Download and share the Pop Tab Pandemonium Drop Off Party sheet for more details.
- Celebrate! The winning school, determined by the highest average pounds of tabs per student enrolled in the school, will receive:
- Possession of the traveling Pop Tab Pandemonium Trophy for 1 year
- Recognition after final Pop Tab Party
- Recognition on RMHCA’s website
- Additional prizes (upon availability)