Why Pop Tabs?
The Pop Tab Program raises valuable funds and awareness for RMHCA. The funds raised from the recycling of the tabs helps us keep families close to their child and close to the treatment they need. Your participation in this contest helps ensure that these families will always have a home away from home during this challenging time.
We have implemented some changes this year so make sure to read all the details below!
- Register: In order to participate in the contest you must complete the Registration Form once the contest opens on September 1st. Forms should be submitted online no later than March 30th, 2018.
- Get your school involved: You can determine the best way to spread the word and get your students collecting tabs. We suggest holding a contest within the school for prizes. We have seen many past winners use this process, and it has proven to be very motivational! Once you register for the contest, you will be sent the following documents to help get you started (also found on our website).
- Starter Kit
- Letter to Teachers
- Letter to Parents
- Collection Bin Flier
- Teaching Materials
- Save those Pop Tabs! Have students, faculty and staff collect pop tabs throughout the year. Pop tabs can be found on soda, soup, vegetable, tuna, and pet food cans. The contest will end on May 12th, 2018 at our Pop Tab Party (more info to come).
- Delivery (IMPORTANT CHANGE): As opposed to years past, all tabs for the contest MUST be brought to one of our Pop Tab Parties in order to be considered as part of the contest. For weighing purposes, you must bring your tabs in BAGS so they will be weighed properly. We will host a few Pop Tab Parties in 2018 MOST LIKELY in Decatur/Huntsville (date/location TBD), Montgomery (date/location TBD), and a grand finale at our House in Birmingham (May 12th, 2018). The Grand Finale Pop Tab Party in Birmingham will be the official end of the contest awards ceremony where the winners will be awarded. *Locations subject to change. More details about the parties will be shared with all registered schools as they become available.
- Celebrate! The winning school, determined by the highest average pounds of tabs per student enrolled in the school, will receive:
- Possession of the traveling Pop Tab Pandemonium Trophy for 1 year
- Recognition at the Grand Finale Pop Tab Party on May 12th
- Recognition on RMHCA’s website
- Additional prizes (upon availability)
For more information contact the Pop Tab Coordinator at 205-638-7260.