Pop Tab Recycling Program
POP TAB DROP OFF INFO – UPDATED
We were so sad not to see everyone this year for our Pop Tab Parties. Our amazing recycling partners have offered to accept your pop tabs directly at their centers.
- Educators involved in Pop Tab Pandemonium will receive an email from Volunteer Coordinator Stephanie Smith Duncan with details to ensure your students’ efforts are properly acknowledged!
- Please note that pop tab drop offs are still temporarily suspended at the Ronald McDonald House.
Pop Tab Drop off Centers:
>>>It is very important that you let your local center know that you are dropping off tabs for RMHCA. This is the only way they will be able to track the proper proceeds.<<<
700 W 20th Ave
Sheffield, AL 35660
Drop off Hours: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. to noon
A & S Metals
2540 Gordon Terry Parkway
Decatur, AL 35601
Drop Off Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
1620 Vanderbilt Rd
Birmingham, AL 35234
Drop off Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
3800 Mobile Hwy
Montgomery, AL 36108
Drop off Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
About the Program
Are you looking for a simple way to help families in need? Look no further! Since 2001, communities across Alabama have made a huge impact through tiny pop tabs! Schools, families, and businesses alike collect pop tabs throughout the year and donate them to our House. Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama partners with Brother’s Recycling to receive funds based on the going rate per pound of aluminum recycled. These funds are used to support the mission of the House, which can include things like utility bills and supplies that our families need.
Anyone can collect pop tabs, and that’s what makes this program so great! It’s an easy way to help the families who call RMHCA home, and we hope you’ll think of them whenever you recycle a pop tab.
We currently raise an average of $15,000 a year from recycling pop tabs! With your help, we can reach our goal of $20,000 each year!
How do I get started? (updated for COVID-19 response)
- Grab a container to store your pop tabs in! We suggest Ziploc bags, paper bags, or boxes/bins. Please avoid soda bottles, jars, milk jugs, and plastic grocery bags.
- Collect your pop tabs! We accept pop tabs from any kind of aluminum can, not just soda cans. Only tabs accepted, not the actual can.
- Please hold on to your tabs! At this time, we have temporarily suspended non-essential visitors and donations to our Ronald McDonald House in order to protect our guest families’ health. This includes pop tab drop offs. Thank you for your understanding.
Want to support this program?
T-shirts are now available! For a donation of $15, click here for more details.
Pop Tab Pandemonium
Pop Tab Pandemonium is a school-based contest held each year throughout Alabama. Participating schools collect pop tabs throughout the school year and donate them to Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama. This is a great way to teach kids about recycling and giving back, while they have fun competing against other schools in hopes of being declared the winner! Congratulations to our 2018-2019 winner, Holy Cross Episcopal School!
Look to see our list of current, registered 2019-2020 Pop Tab Pandemonium Schools!
Pop Tab Recycling Resources
Contact Stephanie Smith Duncan, Volunteer Coordinator