Get estate and gift planning tips based on your stage in life.
It’s no secret the work we do to change children’s lives depends upon your goodwill. We want to make it as easy for you to share your goodwill as possible.
Each year, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama provides strength to families when they need it most. At our Ronald McDonald House, parents find strength from the staff, volunteers and other families as they support their critically ill or injured child. Just as our families need an army of support, so do we to help us make it all happen. With your continued help, together we can make sure more families find the comfort and support they need so their child can heal faster.
Get to Know the Basics
With a Few Simple Sentences
Protect What’s Yours
The Caring Hearts Legacy Circle
- Those who remember Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama through a will, trust, or other planned gift, are invited to join the Caring Hearts Legacy Circle. Too often, these gifts are unrecognized because they come at the end of the donors’ lives. The Caring Hearts Legacy Circle provides RMHCA a way to recognize and thank donors during their lifetimes.
- Involvement in the Caring Hearts Legacy Circle gives you the opportunity to enjoy the company of others who, like yourself, care about leaving a legacy to continue to provide a home away from home for families of seriously ill children.
- Participation in the Caring Hearts Legacy Circle can be an inspirational experience, and may encourage others to look toward the future and how they too may have an enduring impact on the causes they care about.
- Only a statement of intent to leave a gift to the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama is required. No documentation of gift amount or type is necessary. Caring Hearts Legacy Circle members may designate the use of the distributions from their future gifts, or may leave the distributions to the discretion of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama Board of Directors.
- If you’ve already included the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama in your will, we encourage you to let us know so that we may honor you as a member of the Caring Hearts Legacy Circle.
- Caring Hearts Legacy Circle members share a dedication to the families served by RMHCA —but every act of giving is personal and unique. Please contact Kathy Robson, Development Manager, at 205-638-7258 or email@example.com.
- Below is the link information that we already have. It should be linked to “will, trust and other planned gift.”
Any of the following gifts may provide important personal benefits while providing a future gift to the families served by Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama:
- A bequest, which is a gift included in your will or living trust, is a flexible, time-honored way to establish a lasting legacy.
- A gift of retirement assets, such as 401(k) plans or IRAs, may allow you to give more than you thought possible while reducing taxes that may otherwise consume these assets.
- A life income gift can be an important way to give you and/or a loved one income for life, provide unique tax benefits and benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama.
- A charitable gift annuity allows you to support our mission while receiving steady income during your retirement years.
Gifts of life insurance policies you may no longer need may help fund programs and services.
Some helpful information for your planning purposes:
Legal Name: Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama
Address: 1700 4th Avenue, South Birmingham, AL 35233
Federal Tax ID (EIN): 63-0753358
Intent Letter wording:
The Caring Hearts Legacy Society Letter of Intent for a Planned/Estate Gift As evidence of my/our desire to provide a legacy of support to the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama, I/we hereby inform the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama that I/we have made a provision for a gift in my/our estate plans. I/we understand that this commitment is revocable and can be modified by me/us at any time.