How to Host a Community Fundraiser
Thank you for your interest in hosting a fundraiser on behalf of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama (RMHCA)!
RMHCA welcomes our community’s initiatives to help further promote awareness and funding for our programs. Because of your time and support, we are able to provide a home away from home for families of seriously ill children 24 hours a day, 365 days a year at our Ronald McDonald House in Birmingham and our Ronald McDonald Family Room at UAB Women & Infants Center (Birmingham).
Do you have questions? Contact Stephanie Langford to help you get started.
Prior to your event, a required approval from RMHCA’s Chief Executive Officer is needed in order to proceed with the event using our logo or mentioning our organization. Once your application is received, expect a response within 2 business days.
These are some examples of fundraisers you could organize to help RMHCA:
- Workplace Challenge: Challenge your office to raise a specific dollar amount. Celebrate with a pizza party, jeans/spirit day or after-work social.
- Take a ride: host a motorcycle or bicycle ride. Donate the proceeds to RMHCA.
- Special Promotion: Own a business? Donate a portion of all sales of a select item or a percent of all sales during a set time period.
- Tournament: Organize a fishing, softball, golf, or kickball tournament and donate entry fees to RMHCA.
- Car Wash/Car Vacuuming
- Yard Sale
- Homemade Food Sale or Lemonade Stand
- Food Festival: Organize a chili cook-off or BBQ block party with your friends and neighbors.
- Challenge Drive: Display an RMHCA collection box and inform your customers that you will match a portion of funds donated. Wish List donations are welcome!
- Put on a show: Organize a fashion show, karaoke night, car show etc. with your friends and donate entry fees to RMHCA.
- Restaurant Give Back: Many national restaurants offer community fundraising options. Think Marco’s Pizza, Chipotle, Panda Express, Krispy Kreme and more!