RMHCA COVID-19 Response
Updated December 3, 2021: Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama (RMHCA) continues to monitor the public health situation surrounding COVID-19 and, of course, flu season.
The temporary suspension of in-House volunteers and volunteer activities continues. This affects volunteers who normally give their time inside the House, including those for our meal program, House Helpers, marketing, special events and general interns, and family activities.
The health and well-being of our guest families, volunteers and team guide everything we do at the Ronald McDonald House and in our programs. We continue to serve guest families and take additional precautionary measures to reduce the risk of coronavirus exposure at our House.
Precautionary measures include:
- Guest families will continue to go through additional screening.
- Temporary suspension of non-essential guests: In following the hospital guidelines, only the mother and father (or caretaker) of patient will be allowed to stay at the Ronald McDonald House. Extended family or siblings will not be allowed at this time until we are notified otherwise by the hospitals.
- Temporary suspension of all individual volunteers and volunteer groups: including those for our meal program, interns and family activities.
- Temporary suspension of non–essential item donations, including but not limited to pop tabs, toys and blankets.
- Temporary suspension of any non-essential visitors: this includes any individual or group tour and use of our conference room.
How You Can Support our Ronald McDonald House
This is a difficult time for our guest families as they navigate their child’s medical crisis along with the pandemic. Every available room at our House is currently occupied and we have a waiting list. Your support is still very much needed! Here are some ideas on how to make a positive impact for guest families:
- Make a monetary donation to support our operations.
- Donate food or meals. Click here for our new guidelines.
- Donate our most needed items on our Wish List.
- Sew non-medical masks for our guest families.
We will remain attentive to the changing conditions and will make further announcements as necessary.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Please email Stephanie.Langford@rmhca.org with any additional questions.
Learn more about the Coronavirus