RMHCA COVID-19 Response
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama (RMHCA) has been monitoring the fast-changing facts and information regarding COVID-19. As always, the safety of our guest families, volunteers and team is our top priority.
Health and well-being guide everything we do at the Ronald McDonald House and in our programs. We are continuing to serve our guest families and taking additional precautionary measures to reduce the risk of coronavirus exposure at our House.
Precautionary measures include:
- Guest families will continue to go through additional screening.
- Temporary suspension of non-essential guests: In following the hospital guidelines, only mother and father (or caretaker) of patient will be allowed to stay at the Ronald McDonald House. Extended family or siblings will not be allowed at this time until we are notified otherwise by the hospitals.
- Temporary suspension of all individual volunteers and volunteer groups: including those for our meal program (starting Monday, March 16) and family activities.
- Temporary suspension of non–essential item donations, including but not limited to pop tabs, toys and blankets.
- Temporary suspension of any non-essential visitors: this includes any individual or group tour or use of our conference room.
- Non-essential staff will be working remotely.
- Red Shoe Run: Rockin’ 5K will be postponed. The new date has not be determined at this point. We will update through emails, social media posts (@RMHCAlabama) and our website rmhca.organd www.redshoerun-bham.org.
How You Can Support our Ronald McDonald House
This is a difficult time for our guest families as they navigate their child’s medical crisis along with the pandemic. Due to the temporary suspension of meal groups, monetary and grocery gift card donations are critically needed. Volunteers are essential to our mission and this change in operation will impact our meal program the most. Your donations are needed to help us navigate the weeks ahead in our attempt to provide our guest families with support.
- Make a monetary donation to support our operations.
- Donate food or meals. Click here for our new guidelines.
- Donate our most needed items on our Wish List.
We will remain attentive to the changing conditions and will make further announcements as necessary.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Please email Stephanie.Langford@rmhca.org with any additional questions.
Learn more about the Coronavirus