Help restock our pantry
The RMHCA pantry is getting low on pantry staples and snacks! Can you help?
Providing snacks, pantry staples and grab and go food items for our guest families takes a huge financial and emotional burden off their shoulders. When a child is sick in the hospital, the last thing parents think about is feeding themselves or grocery shopping.
By making a Pantry Restock donation, you can give parents more time to care for their child and their own well-being. Ask your friends, neighbors, coworkers or faith group to contribute too! This is a perfect opportunity for groups to show their support for guest families.
With up to 76 families in our care each night, we would be so grateful if you would donate some of the items we need.
How You Can Help
- View the Pantry Restock list to get you started on shopping. [Download and save a PDF version here.]
- Then, please ship or drop off items to 1700 4th Avenue South, Birmingham, AL, 35210.
Thank you for supporting our guest families!
PANTRY RESTOCK LIST
- Kitchen Supplies
- 50 gallon, heavy duty trash bags
- Paper towels
- Paper bowls, paper plates
- Single-use utensils
- Pantry staples (shelf stable, non refrigerated)
- Pasta and pasta sauce
- Instant oatmeal
- Rice (bagged or microwave pouch style)
- Rice a Roni, Hamburger Helper style meals
- Canned vegetables, tomatoes and beans (14.5 ounce size)
- Canned soups and microwave cups of soup
- Peanut butter
- Tuna pouches (preferably in water)
- Instant noodles/ramen
- Individually wrapped snacks and grab and go
- Mac n’ cheese cups (on the go style)
- Fruit cups
- Granola and snack bars
- Peanut butter crackers
- Chips and crackers
- Rice cakes
- Trail mix
- Pudding cups
If you have any questions, please reach out to Volunteer Coordinator Zelma Mae Cable at ZelmaMae.Cable@rmhca.org or 205-638-7372.