Welcome to RMHC of Alabama, guest family! Below you will find a calendar of our most current meals and activities.
For any questions, please speak to Chef Alexis (meals) or April Dickerson, Director of Family Life (programs/activities).
Examples of Family Activities
- Arts and Crafts Night – drawing, paper art, jewelry, mosaics, painting, quilting, crochet, knitting, scrapbooking, sculpture demonstrations, welcome/”no sew” blankets and much more!
- Book Club – short stories, self-help chapters, current popular novels, Birmingham based stories, author meet & greets, children’s book with activities, illustrator talks
- Cake Decorating/Birthday Club – cupcakes, themed cakes for holidays, etc.
- Game Night – Bingo, beginner card games, Family Favorites (Monopoly, Scrabble, Chutes and Ladders, Candyland)
- Holiday Themed Events – Parties, arts and crafts nights, game night
- Ice Cream Social – Sundae bar, make your own ice cream, frozen yogurt
- Sports themed parties – Super Bowl, Iron Bowl/Superbowl, etc.
- Magicians and Magic Shows
Personal Development Activities
Share your skills to benefit guest families!
- Financial counseling/budgeting
- Self care – yoga, meditation, relaxation, laughter therapy and more!
- Cooking demonstrations
- Stress Management Skills workshop
- Fitness – stretching, dance, equipment-free workouts, etc.
Support Programs & Activities
- L.I.F.E Program – a monthly joint program between RMHCA & Children’s of Alabama (Read More about L.I.F.E.)
- Field Trips – Railroad Park, Birmingham Zoo, McWane Science Center, Vulcan Park and Museum, Birmingham Baron’s Games, Birmingham Children’s Theater
- Hand in Paw – twice monthly animal-assisted therapy at the House
- Pamper Sessions
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama would be thrilled to have your group host a fun and enriching activity to boost guest families’ well-being while they are with us. Are you a community member ready to host a family activity? Read our guidelines and get signed up here!