Over the course of a families stay at RMHCA, there are a number of family programs and activities put on in an effort to provide fun and enriching experiences. Below are some examples of the activities happening at our Ronald McDonald House and we hope they help our families during their time of need!
Are you a community member ready to host a family activity? Read our guidelines and get signed up here!
- Arts and Crafts Night – drawing, paper art, jewelry, mosaics, painting, quilting, crochet, knitting, scrapbooking, sculpture demonstrations, welcome/”no sew” blankets and much more!
- Book Club – short stories, self-help chapters, current popular novels, Birmingham based stories, author meet & greets, children’s book with activities, illustrator talks
- Cake Decorating/Birthday Club – cupcakes, themed cakes for holidays, etc.
- Game Night – Bingo, Poker for Beginners, Family Favorites (Monopoly, Scrabble, Chutes and Ladders, Candyland)
- Holiday Themed Events – Parties, arts and crafts nights, game night
- Ice Cream Social – Sundae bar, make your own ice cream, yogurt
- Sports themed parties – Iron Bowl/Superbowl, etc.
- Magicians and Magic Shows
- Ronald Workshop – Special holiday “shop” for our families
Personal Development Activities
- Financial or Legal Counseling
- Healthy Living – yoga, meditation, relaxation, laughter therapy and more!
- What’s Cooking? – learn new recipes with demonstrations
- Stress Management Workshop – peace breathing, deal with tension
Support Programs & Activities
- L.I.F.E Program – a monthly joint program between RMHCA & Children’s of Alabama (Read More about L.I.F.E.)
- Field Trips – Railroad Park, Birmingham Zoo, McWane Science Center, Vulcan Park and Museum, Birmingham Baron’s Games, Birmingham Children’s Theater
- Hand in Paw – twice monthly animal-assisted therapy at the House
- Pamper Sessions