10 Talking Points to Recruit Team Members
As a Red Shoe Run team captain, you’ll want to reach out to friends, family, and co-workers to increase the size of your team. Here are some talking points to use when you contact potential teammates.
- Hi guys! I’m forming a team for the Red Shoe Run on January 10 at Rosewood Hall in support of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama. I would love for you to join me!
- I’m contacting you because I want you to join my Red Shoe Run team (insert your team name).
- I’m trying to get (x number) of my friends, family, and coworkers together and I think you would make a great addition to our team!
- I can’t tell you how much I would appreciate your support. This cause is so important to me, since (share story a loved one who has needed a House or Family Room or share why you support RMHCA).
- When children from out of town are in the hospital, their families have the capability of staying at RMHCA. By staying at the House or visiting our Ronald McDonald Family Room at DCH in Tuscaloosa, families are able to stay nearby their hospitalized children during very trying times. Help me keep this going!
- You can sign up at redshoerun-bham.org. Just click “Register,” select “Join a Team” and be sure to join (insert your team name). Or, you can start your own team with your family or friends!
- Use your personal social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) as well as Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama’s social media sites to help spread the word!
o Mention that at the Red Shoe Run, you can…
- Choose from participating in the 10 mile, 5k, or 1 mile fun run
- Enjoy a Team Tent if your team raises over $2,500
- Take your picture with Ronald McDonald
- Let your kids enjoy our Kids Zone including face painting, a bounce house, games and games!
- Enjoy music and food before and after the race at Rosewood Hall!
Bring your friends and family and kick off the new year in support of Ronald McDonald house Charities of Alabama!