Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama Special Events Coordinator
Overview: Implements, creates and directs the execution of all Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama signature events including but not limited to the Red Shoe Run, Golf Classic, and Heart of the House Gala. Supports all third-party events to ensure brand compliance and success. Works in tandem with the development/marketing team on event sponsorships, event marketing and event volunteer support and works closely with event chairpersons and volunteer committee members. Provides assistance with additional internal events sponsored by the RMHCA Junior Board and Student Leadership Council.
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Status: Full time, exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategically plan, execute and evaluate special events, including but not limited to annual Red Shoe Run, Golf Tournament, and Gala.
- Manage all aspects of events created by the House. This position includes oversight for logistics, budgets, timelines, invitations, collateral, decorations, donations, sponsorships, food and beverage, entertainment, awards, auctions, volunteers, and summary reports, etc. for all events.
- Contributes to the yearly budget process by maintaining accurate event income and expense reports.
- Work with the event chairs and Volunteer Coordinator to identify, recruit, train and manage volunteers for a variety of positions to establish and sustain strong special events committees.
- Provides written reports on event progress for committee chairpersons, including but not limited to drafting committee meeting minutes.
- Serves as the main point of contact for subcommittee chairpersons.
- Gather contact information for all event participants for inclusion in RMHCA database.
- In coordination with the development/marketing team, research and solicit event sponsorships and in-kind donations.
- Attends third party events as necessary.
- Assists the Junior Board and Student Leadership Council to ensure brand protection and event success.
- Enlists the support of the development/marketing team for preparation of all requisite written materials for events including programs, Powerpoint Presentations, etc.
- Proposes new ideas for better event management and profitability.
- Contributes to monthly e-newsletter, bi-yearly printed newsletter and Annual Report.
- Solicits new organizations and companies to host fundraisers on behalf of Charity.
- Participates in speaking engagements and outreach.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties incidental to the work outlined in this position description as requested by the CDO.
- Contributes to RMHCA team efforts by maintaining positive, supportive and flexible working relationships with fellow staff and volunteers in our mutual pursuit of providing comfort and care to families of seriously ill or injured children being served by our facility.
Qualifications, skills and abilities required: Creative, energetic, highly organized and detail oriented individual with Bachelors degree. Related experience preferred, marketing & sales acumen.
- Previous experience working effectively with volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds.
- Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Publisher, Word, Powerpoint and other related software.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple and diverse tasks.
- Dependable, excellent judgment and demonstrated ability to operate in flexible, team oriented environment.
Applicants should email resume and cover letter to Katherine Estes Billmeier, CEO.