Overview: The Operations assistant assures that the facilities are clean, operational and safe; assuring rooms are scheduled for cleaning/preparation between guests; responds to day-to-day maintenance requests, referring specialty tasks to the Facility Manager. Additionally, he/she assists with collecting and tracking statistics related to House occupancy and maintains maintenance logs. Secondarily, in the absence of or back up for the Family Care Specialists, receives, reviews, and schedules guest check-in/out. The Operations Assistant is also maintains certain functions generally performed by the Director of Operations during his/her absence.
The position is generally Monday through Friday from 8:00am—5:00pm, but may require evening and weekend work. This position also requires on-call service for emergencies 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Director of Operations with (and in his/her absence oversees) the ongoing operation, safety, and security of the House.
- Assists in addressing any minor housekeeping, maintenance or security problems.
- Operates the alarm system, check circuit breakers, and other basic mechanical systems and monitors storm warnings and notifies guests.
- Maintains and enforces House policies and procedures and documents and advises Management regarding problems or issues.
- Completes all daily reports, including reports used for House statistics.
- Assists with referrals.
- Assists with guest scheduling, check ins/outs and relocations.
- Assists in policy and procedure development.
- Performs data entry, photocopying, storing of supplies, etc.
- Assists the Facility Manager with day-to-day maintenance.
- Supports special events and special projects as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Contribute to RMHCA team efforts by maintaining positive, supportive and flexible working relationships with fellow staff and volunteers in our mutual pursuit of providing comfort and care to families of seriously ill or injured children being served by our facility.
Qualifications, skills and abilities required:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or three years requisite experience required.
- Strong people and communications skills, knowledge of Spanish desirable, but not required.
- At minimum, proficiency with word-processing and basic spreadsheet/data entry software.
- Prior administrative or public contact work or volunteer experience.
- Sound problem solving/decision-making skills.
Applicants should email resume and cover letter to Mrs. Chris Ellis, Director of Operations.