The Marketing/Special Events Intern will work with the marketing and development team to assist in implementing the marketing and development plan. The marketing plan includes developing awareness of RMHCA and encouraging support through multiple channels including social media, printed materials and website traffic. The development plan includes soliciting in-kind donations for Signature Events and offering logistical and administrative support to the Special Events Coordinator. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly organized and motivated individual to develop skills in nonprofit marketing and fundraising.
The ideal candidate for the position should be currently enrolled in a college/university and working towards the completion of a degree in the area of marketing, public relations, non-profit administration, human services, hospitality, communications, or related fields. Having some volunteer experience with Ronald McDonald House Charities or with children and families is a plus.
The ideal candidate must also:
- Be dependable and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Be responsible, flexible, hard‐working, ethical, and committed to the mission of RMHCA
- Possess a high level of organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Be skilled at a variety of computer skills, e.g., Microsoft Office, Adobe, Canva and Social Media databases.
- Be able to operate standard office equipment (photocopier, etc.)
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks
- Possess an interest in a non-profit career, particularly marketing and fundraising
- Consent to a background check and have a current driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must conduct oneself in a tactful manner in dealing with families and volunteers
- Work in a positive, nurturing manner with volunteers, community groups, donors, and support staff
- Complete accurate donor forms for event related in-kind donations
- Ensure proper accounting procedures are followed
- Answer phones and respond to phone requests
- Researching and soliciting in-kind donations, especially items for event auctions.
- Assist with logistics, item procurement, and event support for each of RMHCA’s Signature Events
- Complete assigned tasks regarding the planning and execution of signature events including, but not limited to Red Shoe Run, Golf Classic, and Heart of the House Gala
- Assist Marketing Team to execute and market community fundraisers to help reach income goals
- Attend community events, fundraisers, and signature events as needed
- Assist with blog posts, and other social media posting, and design collateral
- Research current trends, best practice and emerging technologies in the social media and digital space to help with fundraising goals
- Track and evaluate all marketing efforts
- Attend Marketing Committee meetings to implement strategies, and attend all event-related meetings
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, or technological developments.)
- Sits at desk up to 60% of the day
- Near visual acuity essential for reading
- Talking and hearing essential for communication
- Able to lift and transport up to 50 pounds
- Physically able to climb stairs and perform small maintenance tasks as needed
Note: Applicants must be able to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or valid exemption. All internships are non-paid positions.
For questions, please contact Zelma Mae Cable at firstname.lastname@example.org or 205-638-7372.