The Marketing Intern will work with the Marketing and Communications Director and marketing team to assist in implementing the marketing plan. The plan includes social media strategy, developing awareness of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama (RMHCA), generating website traffic, coordinating the promotion of community fundraisers and encouraging donations. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly organized and motivated individual to develop skills in nonprofit marketing and fundraising.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate for the position should be currently enrolled in a college/university and working towards the completion of a degree in the area of marketing or public relations. Having some volunteer experience with Ronald McDonald House Charities or with children and families is a plus.
The ideal candidate must also:
- Be responsible, flexible, hardworking, ethical, and committed to the mission of RMHCA.
- Possess a high level of organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Possess solid oral and written communication skills.
- Possess a variety of computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign, social media).
- Be able to operate standard office equipment (fax, photocopier, etc.).
- Be able to manage multiple tasks.
- Possess an interest in a nonprofit career ‐particularly marketing and fundraising.
- Conduct oneself in a tactful manner when interacting with families and volunteers.
- Consent to a background check and have a current driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be dependable and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Update RMHCA.org events calendar and coordinate promotion of community and signature events.
- Assist with publishing blogs and other social media postings.
- Assist with special marketing projects as assigned.
- Update marketing materials as needed.
- Interact with the public and share RMHCA’s mission at volunteer fairs, etc.
- Research current trends, best practices and emerging technologies in the social media and digital space to help reach current and potential supporters.
- Tracking and evaluating all marketing efforts.
- Work with the Marketing Committee to implement marketing strategies.
- Work in a positive, nurturing manner with volunteers, community groups, donors, and support staff in the House.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, or technological developments.)
- Sits at desk up to 60% of the day
- Near visual acuity essential for reading
- Talking and hearing essential for communication
- Able to lift and transport up to 50 pounds
- Physically able to climb stairs and perform small maintenance tasks as needed
Note: This is an unpaid position.