The Intern will work directly with the Marketing and Communications Director and the entire marketing team to assist in implementing the marketing plan. The plan includes execution of special events, tracking and evaluating 3rd party fundraising efforts, social media strategy, developing awareness, generating website traffic and encouraging donations. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly organized and motivated individual to develop skills in nonprofit marketing and fundraising.
An ideal candidate must:
- Be responsible, flexible, hard‐working, ethical, and committed to the mission of RMHCA
- Possess a high level of organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Possess solid oral and written communication skills
- Be skilled at a variety of computer skills, e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign, Social Media
- Be able to operate standard office equipment (fax, photocopier, etc.)
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks
- Possess an interest in a nonprofit career ‐ particularly marketing and fundraising
- Consent to a background check and have a current driver’s license and clean driving record.
The ideal candidate for the position should be enrolled in a college/university and working towards the completion of a degree in the area of marketing or public relations. Having some volunteer experience with the Ronald McDonald House or with children and families is a plus. Skills required are good communication, organization, planning, time management, decision making, and problem solving. In addition, the intern must conduct oneself in a tactful manner in dealing with families and volunteers.
The Intern must be dependable and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Supporting staff with logistics associated with special events, including assisting with creation of invitation list, soliciting sponsors, donations, communicating with venue and vendors
- Researching and soliciting in-kind donations, especially items for event auctions.
- Executing 3rd party fundraisers to help reach income goals
- Assisting with blog post, and other social media postings
- Researching current trends, best practice and emerging technologies in the social media and digital space to help with fundraising goals
- Tracking and evaluating all marketing efforts
- Working with the Marketing Committee to implement marketing strategies
- Work in a positive, nurturing manner with volunteers, community groups, donors, and support staff in the House
- Complete accurate donor forms for all in-kind donations that come in while on-duty
- Ensure proper accounting procedures are followed
- Answer phones and respond to phone requests
- Help assist Administrative Assistant with database and donor thank you
- Assist in Pop Tab Pandemonium School Contest
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush job, or technological developments.)
- Sits at desk 50 – 60% of day
- Near visual acuity essential for reading
- Talking and hearing essential for communication
- Able to lift and transport up to 50 pounds
- Physically able to climb stairs and perform small maintenance tasks as needed
Note: This is an unpaid position.