Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama
Family Care Specialist
Overview: The Family Care Specialist (FCS) is usually one of the first and last contacts for anyone staying at or visiting the Ronald McDonald House and Family Rooms. The FCS is an important ambassador for RMHCA and should be personable and caring in all interactions with guests, volunteers, donors, hospital staff and visitors. The FCS also ensures the continuity of House operations, safety, and security during normal business hours, after-hours and weekend operations.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Status: Non-Exempt, Part-time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides outstanding customer service and care to all of the guests, volunteers, donors, hospital staff and visitors that come to RMHCA.
- Assists guests/visitors with anything they may need during their stay or directs them to the appropriate person.
- Remains accessible to the guests/visitors/hospital staff during the entire shift.
- Performs guest check-ins/outs.
- Explains House policies and procedures, giving tours to new guests/visitors when possible.
- Maintains daily occupancy and visitor logs.
- Greets and thanks all individuals donating items during shift, records donor data on specified form and provides information packets
- Fields all incoming telephone calls, checks office phone for messages routinely during the shift (i.e. hourly) and leaves messages with appropriate hospital/staff members when needed.
- Completes required guest/visitor statistics and shift paperwork.
- Oversees the ongoing operation, safety, security and cleanliness of the House during each shift.
- Responds to emergency calls after consulting with senior management, if needed
- Documents any unresolved cleaning or maintenance problems/needs, equipment failures, lights out, etc. and reports them to appropriate hospital personnel
- Maintains the security of all entrances
- In case of a weather emergency or in the case of any other emergency or problematic situation, contacts management and remains on duty until dismissed.
- Maintain a working knowledge of RMHCA and its programs and to be able to clearly and positively represent the organization to guests, volunteers and visitors present during a shift.
- Adhere to relevant RMHCA/hospital policies and procedures.
- Contribute to RMHCA team efforts by maintaining positive, supportive and flexible working relationships with fellow staff and volunteers in our mutual pursuit of providing comfort and care to families of seriously ill or injured children being served by our facilities.
Qualifications, skills and abilities required:
- High school graduate with some college/vocational/technical school required
- Excellent people and communications skills
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision
- Proficiency with computers/word-processing. Basic spreadsheet software familiarity required
- Prior administrative or public contact work or volunteer experience
- Sound problem solving/decision-making skills
- Knowledge of Spanish a plus
How to Apply
Applicants should email their resume to Director of Operations Ms. Chris Ellis at email@example.com.