Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama Facility Manager
Overview: Responsible for the management and maintenance of the facilities and grounds of the Ronald McDonald House and Family Rooms including preventative maintenance and minor repairs as well as long range planning of system replacements, development and implementation of annual maintenance budgets, management of inspection and reporting requirements. Coordinates and directs all facilities vendors and is responsible for training and supervision of a team of operations staff and volunteers.
The position is generally Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. but may require evening and weekend work. This position also requires the individual to be on-call for emergencies 24 hours a day/7 days per week.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Hours: Generally, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (includes 1 hour unpaid lunch break)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides the day to day maintenance of the facility consistent with RMHCA policies, ensures preventive maintenance is performed on all equipment.
- Maintains maintenance and warranty records and ensures compliance of all permits and inspections.
- Monitors the maintenance budget.
- Is responsible for monitoring the ongoing operation, safety, security and cleanliness of the House during each shift.
- Supervises and manages the housekeeping and maintenance staff and volunteers.
- Responds to emergency calls after consulting with senior management, if needed.
- Performs a walk-through/inspection of the facility when on duty and takes care of any minor problems.
- Maintains all card and key access systems.
- Deals with minor maintenance/cleaning issues (example: changing light bulbs, mopping spills, changing ceiling tiles, minor plumbing and electrical).
- Documents any unresolved maintenance problems/needs, equipment failures, lights out, etc.
- Is oriented to and able to operate various systems used in the building (fire alarms, check circuit breakers, etc.).
- Assists RMHCA property management company with other repairs, if needed.
- Maintains the security of all entrances.
- Ensures all storage and mechanical areas are neat and well organized.
- In case of a weather emergency or in the case of any other emergency or problematic situation, contacts management and remains on duty.
- Monitors pop tab donations and requests recycling company pickups when needed.
- Remains accessible by phone/pager during work hours.
- Reports to work on time and keeps a neat and well-organized work area.
- Is available to work assigned shifts 24/7/365.
- If unable to report to work (late, sick etc), notifies the Director of Operations.
- Performs data entry, photocopying, storing of supplies/donations, other clerical tasks, as needed.
- Completes all required reports accurately and legibly.
- Completes data entry for all programs designed to maintain statistics for maintenance and guest related information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Reads and acknowledges all memorandum and written communications relevant to position/RMHCA operations.
- Completes orientation, attends any required in-service training.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Complies with any immunization, health history or drug testing requirements established by management in accordance with health/safety policies.
- If requested, signs any releases required for initial/periodic employee background reviews.
- Complies with all RMHCA policies and procedures.
- Contribute to RMHCA team efforts by maintaining positive, supportive and flexible working relationships with fellow staff and volunteers in our mutual pursuit of providing comfort and care to families of seriously ill or injured children being served by our facility.
Qualifications, skills and abilities required:
- College graduate with coursework in engineering/facilities maintenance preferred. Prior related work experience may be an acceptable substitute.
- Strong people and communications skills.
- Self-directed with strong organizational skills.
- At minimum, proficiency with word-processing. Basic spreadsheet software familiarity preferred.
- Sound problem solving/decision-making skills.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- The ideal candidate for Facility Manager is expected to have a working knowledge of RMHCA and its programs and to be able to clearly and positively represent the organization to guests, volunteers and visitors present during all hours of operation.
- The Facility Manager should be knowledgeable of and adhere to relevant RMHCA policies and procedures.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Climbing ladders.
- Frequent bending, movement of the hands/wrists.
- Reaching, lifting and/or carrying items up to 50 lbs.
Applicants should email resume and cover letter to Mrs. Chris Ellis, Director of Operations.