Overview: The Development and Communications Assistant supports the Development, Marketing and Communications efforts of the team. Primary functions will include design and production of collateral material, website and social media content, and database support.
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Status: Full time; Non-exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Development and Marketing teams on production and coordination of marketing/communications and Development projects, including but not limited to Red Shoe Run, Heart of the House Gala, Giving Tuesday, Golf tournament, Annual Appeal solicitations, PR campaigns, social media campaigns, major gift solicitations, sponsor proposals, newsletters, etc.
- Designs and produces print and digital content and printed collateral in accordance with RMHCA branding in support of marketing and fundraising efforts.
- Coordinates with external designers, print houses and other vendors on projects, including securing cost estimates and coordinating the proofing process.
- Assists Communications Manager with updates to RMHCA website with event announcements, photos, news articles, newsletters, contact listings, press releases, etc.
- Supports the Social Media strategy with content production, engagement and analytics on all social and online platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok etc.
- Assists the Communications Manager with photography and video for various events, including minor photo and video editing.
- Assists Development Manager with light data entry and maintenance tasks.
- Provides general administrative support to ensure efficient and smooth operation of the Development and Marketing/Communications teams.
- Supports media outreach efforts as needed.
- Attends in-House family activities, public speaking events, fundraising events and third-party events.
- Perform other duties incidental to the work outlined in this position description as requested by the Chief Development Officer.
- Contribute to RMHCA team efforts by maintaining positive, supportive and flexible working relationships with fellow staff and volunteers in our mutual pursuit of providing comfort and care to families of seriously ill or injured children being served by our facility.
- Commit to the Core Values of the RMHCA Team including dedication to the mission, self-motivation, initiative, innovation, collaboration, flexibility, empathy and compassion
Qualifications, skills and abilities required: Creative, energetic, highly organized and detail-oriented individual. Related experience preferred, marketing & sales acumen.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years’ experience in marketing, fundraising, communications or related field preferred
- Proficiency with standard Microsoft Office software packages and Adobe Creative Suite (especially familiarity with InDesign and Photoshop)
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their strategic use
- Photography skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple and diverse tasks.
- Dependable, excellent judgment and demonstrated ability to operate in flexible, team-oriented environment.