Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama
Overview: The Communications Coordinator will help to execute the organization’s communications plans, as well as implement the social media strategy with the goal of developing awareness, increasing engagement, generating website traffic and encouraging donations. S/he will work closely with all staff members and volunteers to communicate to constituents the mission of our organization and the assistance needed to support our programs.
Reports to: Marketing & Communications Director
Status: Full time exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with staff on various communications projects to support the mission of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama.
- Implements the organization’s social media strategy by expanding its presence and increasing visibility, awareness and traffic across all social and online platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Google+, etc., as appropriate
- Monitors social media channels to connect with and engage constituents and prospective donors and manage day-to-day activities
- Serves as an advocate for the organization in social media spaces, answer questions, and impart organization expertise where appropriate
- Upholds organization’s brand image and serves as the brand “voice” in the social media space
- Monitors analytics and maintains reports that measure the effectiveness of social media activities.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of current trends, best practices and emerging technologies in the social media and digital space and apply that knowledge to the cultivation of relationships toward the goal of fundraising
- Maintains and updates the organizations website with event announcements, photos, news articles, newsletters, press releases, etc
- Directs and/or executes photography responsibilities for various events
- Prepares a monthly e-newsletter, bi-yearly printed newsletter and solicitation materials.
- Helps ensure that all internal/external communications are accurate and consistent
- Assists with print material, press releases, and arranging TV appearances as needed.
- Provides written reports on communication progress for committee chairpersons.
- Attends family events, fundraising events and third party events as necessary.
- Proposes new ideas for better communication management and profitability.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties incidental to the work outlined in this position description as requested by the MD.
- Contribute to RMHCA team efforts by maintaining positive, supportive and flexible working relationships with fellow staff and volunteers in our mutual pursuit of providing comfort and care to families of seriously ill or injured children being served by our facility.
Qualifications, skills and abilities required: Creative, energetic, highly organized and detail oriented individual with Bachelors degree. Related experience preferred, marketing & sales acumen.
- Previous experience with nonprofit organizations and branding campaigns.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds and clearly communicate orally, in writing and through graphic art.
- Proficiency with standard Microsoft Office software packages, Adobe Creative Suite (especially familiarity with InDesign and Photoshop) and WordPress.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their strategic use
- Experience developing effective messaging and sharing stories/content across various channels
- Previous experience with website content management systems and email marketing systems
- Photography skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple and diverse tasks.
- Dependable, excellent judgment and demonstrated ability to operate in flexible, team oriented environment.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume, a two-page creative writing sample and a cover letter to Stephanie Langford, Marketing and Communications Director, at Stephanie.Langford@rmhca.org.