Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama
Posted: October 2, 2017
Overview: Provides administrative and clerical support to key staff primarily the CEO and Development Office as well as other staff when required. Specifically responsible for donations processing, generating acknowledgments, and maintaining development database as per Board approved Gift Acceptance Policy. Works closely with retained accountants and Development staff to reconcile accounting records with business records such as Raiser’s Edge database. Maintains all donor and vendor records to ensure total transparency of business records for accounting purposes.
Reports to: CEO
Status: Full Time Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Donations Processing and Development Support
• Responsible for donor contributions processing and record keeping tasks in donor database: code and input all monetary donations; prepare acknowledgment letters; maintain donor and prospect mailing list as per Gift Acceptance Policy; edit and update database as needed; generate reports as requested.
• Maintain in-kind donor records and generate acknowledgement letters.
• Prepare thank you letters for contributions and other related development correspondence.
• Maintains McDonald’s Donation Box program, ordering replacement parts, correspondence with third party vendors.
• Generates thank you letter for Owner Operators for donation box revenue.
• Assist with donor recognition materials and records as needed.
General Administrative Support
• Maintains CEO calendar, meeting requests, correspondence and other such administrative tasks as required by CEO.
• Maintains corporate records.
• Receives, records, distributes all mail as per Financial Procedures.
• Maintain board member and volunteer address and affiliation records, edit and update information, prepare reports, and perform related tasks as needed.
• Organize and maintain filing systems for Board, administration, donors and related activities.
• Maintains board portal, Boardmax, inputting meeting dates, keeping up with meeting RSVPs, uploads all supporting meeting and board documents.
• Takes and transcribes Board meeting minutes and committee minutes as required.
• Orders and arranges pick up/delivery of all meeting meals/snacks within established budget.
• Coordinate preparation of group mailings.
• Data entry into RMHC global database, RADAR.
• Maintains office supply inventory and budget including ordering materials, distribution and storage.
• Prepare and maintain reports, forms, spreadsheets, manuals and other materials as directed.
• Monthly reconciliation of accountant generated budget to actual reports with Raiser’s Edge Table of Gifts report.
• Assist with Ronald McDonald House special events and activities as needed. (Will require work after regular hours.)
• Perform other duties incidental to the work outlined in this position description.
• Contribute to RMH team efforts by maintaining positive, supportive and flexible working relationships with fellow staff and volunteers in our mutual pursuit of providing comfort and care to families of seriously ill or injured children being served by our facility.
Qualifications, skills, and abilities required: Highly organized and detail oriented individual with Bachelors degree in related field and/or at least three years related experience.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of three years related work experience.
• Demonstrated general administrative and clerical skills including office protocol.
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Computer proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel, and computer databases. Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
• Data entry and key boarding proficiencies.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to relate to persons of diverse backgrounds.
• Dependable, excellent judgment and ability to handle confidential information.
• Demonstrated ability to operate in a flexible, team oriented environment.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter to Katherine Estes Billmeier, CEO, at Katherine.Billmeier@rmhca.org.